DECO2200 Interaction Design (IxD) was a great course taught by Martin Tomitsch and tutored by Nikash Singh.
- Tutorials were quite helpful in getting us familiar with:
- Tools/Structure of the Web (HTML,CSS,JS)
- Basic Graphics Design
- The Design Process - including Sketching, brainstorming, and presenting on the importance of feedback
- Assignments included the redesign of the Cargo Bar Website, research into Social Networks, and the consequent prototype and development of a Social Interface titled ‘Bounce’ (Presentation Slides) with Nadine Denten.
- The class incouraged participation in external activities such as the OzChi Design Challenged, and the Amped Hackathon.
Some Favourite Slides:
- Approaches to Design:
- Genius Design
- System Design / Technology-Driven Design
- User-Centred Design (UCD) <—
- User Research:
- Focus Groups
- Contextual Inquiry
- Cultural Probes
A really awesome class, well taught, learnt a lot, and really great content.